Tip: The information in this article is used for Meaningful Use Stage 2 (2018 and prior years). The information should not be used for Promoting Interoperability (formerly MU Stage 3, attestation years 2019 and after). If you need information for Promoting Interoperability, select from the links below.
Using e-Prescribing with Formulary Query
>50% of all medications written during the reporting period are transmitted electronically and queried for a drug formulary
- Medication written and sent electronically using:
- Med to Dispense
- Med must have a valid NDC#
Drug Formulary Query - Enabled during the Entire Reporting Period
Set Provider Formulary Checking
- From the medications tab of a patient chart, click to add a new medication.
- Search for any medication.
- From the Medication Finder window, click the Check Formulary checkbox.
- Save as a Preference.
- Complete the above steps for all providers.
Set Formulary Preference
- Click Utilities > System Admin > System Preferences.
- Click the Special tab.
- Click the Prescribe tab (if not selected).
- Deselect the Allow user to make formulary checking optional when writing prescription checkbox.
- Click the Exit button.
Note: OP 14 default in System Preferences is set to allow providers to individually set the preference for Formulary checking. Have all prescribers set the Formulary checkbox as a preference in the Medication Finder, then deselect the checkbox in System Preferences to disable the feature so that it cannot be accidentally changed.