Using e-Prescribing with Formulary Query
>50% of all medications written during the reporting period are transmitted electronically and queried for a drug formulary
- Medication written and sent electronically using:
- Med to Dispense
- Med must have a valid NDC#
Drug Formulary Query - Enabled during the Entire Reporting Period
Set Provider Formulary Checking
- From the medications tab of a patient chart, click to add a new medication.
- Search for any medication.
- From the Medication Finder window, click the Check Formulary checkbox.
- Save as a Preference.
- Complete the above steps for all providers.
Set Formulary Preference
- Click Utilities > System Admin > System Preferences.
- Click the Special tab.
- Click the Prescribe tab (if not selected).
- Deselect the Allow user to make formulary checking optional when writing prescription checkbox.
- Click the Exit button.
|OP 14 default in System Preferences is set to allow providers to individually set the preference for Formulary checking. Have all prescribers set the Formulary checkbox as a preference in the Medication Finder, then deselect the checkbox in System Preferences to disable the feature so that it cannot be accidentally changed.|