The content in this article is relevant to the OP Patient Portal, powered by InteliChart.
A Proxy is a person who is authorized to view a medical record. A Proxy can have access to the medical record indefinitely or expire by a specified date. A Proxy may be assigned, for example, in cases of child welfare.
Add a Proxy
- Navigate to the Patient Administration: Navigation Panel > Patient Administration.
- Click the Account button in the Search Patients panel.
- Enter information in one of the search fields: Last name, First name or Date of Birth.
- Click the Search by drop-down menu and select a search option.
- Click the Search button.
- Click the Select button in the Actions column or the Patient Name to display the Patient Account page.
- Click the Actions drop-down menu and select Add Proxy.
- Complete the Add Proxy Association information:
- First Name: Enter the First Name of the proxy.
- Last Name: Enter the Last Name of the proxy.
- Gender: Select the Male or Female radio button.
- DOB: Select a Month, Day and Year from the drop-down menus to select the date of birth of the proxy.
- Cell Phone: Enter the Cell Phone Number.
- Email: Enter the Email Account for the proxy.
- Relationship: Select a Relationship of the proxy to the patient from the drop-down menu.
- Proxy End Date (optional): Enter the End Date the proxy will have access to the patient information on the Patient Portal. Note: Each Proxy's End Date must be handled individually.
- Select the checkbox to confirm the authorization has been approved.
- Click the Submit button. An invitation is sent to the email address of the Proxy Association. The Proxy will accept or reject the access.
- Accept access: The Proxy will be taken to the Create and Account tab of the OP Patient Portal where he/she will complete the registration and identify verification process.
- Reject access: The Proxy will not be given access to the patient's records.
Remove a Proxy
The removal of a Proxy from a patient's portal account can be done by the Patient on the OP Patient Portal or by a practice user on the OP Practice Portal.
- From the OP Patient Portal: My Account > My Account > Associated Accounts section > select Proxy > Remove Association
- From the OP Practice Portal: Patient Administration > Search for and select patient > Associations section > Remove Access