Utilities > Manage Clinical Features > Encounter Template Editor
You will have an understanding of the content of a typical symptoms template. You will be instructed on building a symptom template from scratch. Your understanding of symptom templates and their uses will ensure that the symptom templates reflect the workflow of the practice.
- Click Utilities in the main menu.
- Select Manage Clinical Features.
- Select Encounter Template Editor. The template list displays.
- Click the plus to expand System: Symptom group.
|It is not required to expand the group but is best practice to make sure you do not duplicate a template.|
- Click the Create a new template button .
- Add the template properties using the table definitions below.
|Template||Name given to a template. Should be named for ease of searching.|
|Category||Method of organizing like templates. All templates added in this section will be located in the Symptom category.|
|Author||Assignment of a template to a specific user. Templates assigned an author may only be edited by that user.|
|Appt Type||Selection of a default appointment type. Not a requirement to save the template.|
|Visibility||Ability to restrict who can view the selected template. All symptom templates are preset to be visible to any staff member.|
|Location||Assignment can be made to view templates by location. If there are multiple locations leave this field blank.|
|Finalize Status||Selection set to who may finalize. Most templates will be set to Providers only.|
- Click the Encounter Note tab if not already selected.
- Enter a complaint in the CC field or use the Phrase Construction buttonto insert phrases.
- Enter the history of the complaint in the HPI field or click the Phrase Construction button to insert phrases.
- Click the Detailed ROS tab. Set the ROS Questions/Symptoms.
|Pert||Relevant symptom/question to display when template is opened.|
|Reports||Positive for the symptom/question|
|Denies||Denies the symptom/question|
|N/A||Not applicable for the template. Removes from the group list.|
|Optional tabs, Orders/Workflow and Procedures. Click here to navigate to additional information on completing these tabs.|
- Click the Save changes to template button .