Utilities > Manage Clinical Features > Encounter Template Editor
You will have an understanding of the content of a typical symptoms template. You will be instructed on building a symptom template from scratch and using the copy feature. Your understanding of symptom templates and their uses will ensure that the symptom templates reflect the workflow of the practice.
- Click the Utilities button on the menu toolbar.
Menu Toolbar: Utilities
- Select Manage Clinical Features.
- Select Encounter Template Editor. The template list displays.
- Click the plus to expand System: Symptom group.
Encounter Template Editor: Symptom Templates Expanded
|It is not required to expand the group but is good practice to make sure you do not duplicate a template.|
- Click the Create a new template button .
- Add the template properties using the table definitions below.
Encounter Template Editor: Template Properties
|Template||Name given to a template. Should be named for ease of searching.|
|Category||Method of organizing like templates. All templates added in this section will be located in the Symptom category.|
|Author||Assignment of a template to a specific user. Templates assigned an author may only be edited by that user.|
|Appt Type||Selection of a default appointment type. Not a requirement to save the template.|
|Visibility||Ability to restrict who can view the selected template. All symptom templates are preset to be visible to any staff member.|
|Location||Assignment can be made to view templates by location. If there are multiple locations leave this field blank.|
|Finalize Status||Selection set to who may finalize. Most templates will be set to Providers only.|
- Click the Encounter Note tab if not already selected.
- Enter a complaint in the CC field OR click the Phrase Construction buttonand insert phrase.
- Enter the history of the complaint in the HPI field OR click the Phrase Construction button and insert phrase.
- Click the Detailed ROS tab .
- Set the ROS Questions/Symptoms.
Encounter Template Editor: ROS
|Pert||Relevant symptom/question to display when template is opened.|
|Reports||Positive for the symptom/question|
|Denies||Denies the symptom/question|
|N/A||Not applicable for the template. Removes from the group list.|
- Click the Orders/Workflow tab.
|This tab is optional. Only go to this tab if you need orders placed when the Symptom template is used.|
- Click the Procedures tab .
|This tab is optional. Only go to this tab if you need procedure billing complete when the Symptom template is used.|
- Click the Save changes to template button .