Path: Clinical tab > More button (Customize group) > Diagnostic Tests button
Entering a New Lab Facility
- Click on the Lab Facilities tab. A list of the labs and radiology facilities will be displayed.
- Click the Add button in the tool bar. A new row will appear in the grid.
- Review the table below for required information.
|ID||ID will populate once the lab has been saved.|
|Client ID||Do not complete if a lab interface, OP will complete this field. If no lab interface enter the practice lab account number or lab name.|
|Root Dir||*Client Server practices only. This is the path where lab results are stored.|
|OP Lab ID||Do not complete if a lab interface, OP will complete this field. If no lab interface enter the practice lab account number.|
|Lab Name||Enter the name of the lab facility.|
|Notes||Additional text field specific to the lab facility. This field is visible only on the Lab Facilities tab.|
|Order Type||Click the drop-down arrow and select from the list.|
|On adding a new requisition, create the following items||Click the drop-down and select from the list.|
|HL7 Version||*Cloud practices only. Will always be set to .HL7. This information will be entered by OP.|
|Ack Required||Do not complete.|
|File Ext||Do not complete.|
|Default for Type||Select the checkbox for the preferred Send Out lab facility.|
|Archived||Select the checkbox if the practice no longer will use the lab facility.|
|Office Location Identification||Account number assigned by the lab facility for each location.|
|Provider Lab identification (Lab Links)||Provider and unique value assigned by the lab facility, typically this will be the NPI.|
- Click the Save button.
Utilities > Manage Clinical Features > Diagnostic Test Setup
Entering a New Lab Facility
- Click on the first tab, Lab Facility Names. A list of the labs and radiology facilities will be displayed.
- Click on the Green Plus button in the tool bar. A new row will appear in the grid.
- Enter the name of the lab in the Facility Name field.
- Root Folder will be filled out if there will be a lab results interface.
- Orders Type defaults to Paper.
- Requisition information defaults as shown above.
- Notes are for internal use by your practice.
- Leave Archived unchecked. It will not show if checked.
- Leave Restricted unchecked.
- Lab ID will fill in automatically.
- Check Default for Type if this new facility will be the preferred choice for Send Out requisitions of this facility type (i.e., Lab, Radiology).
- Leave Parent Lab blank.
- Click the Green Check button to Save.
|If this facility will have a lab interface there MUST be a value in the *Root Folder* field for this facility to appear in the Lab Links tab in the Provider directory. Consult with OP if you do not know the value for this field.|