Path: Utilities menu > Manage Codes > Coded Values (Keyboard Shortcut keys: [Alt][U][C][O])
Office Practicum has quite an extensive list of adjustment code reasons for patient and insurance adjustments. However, there may be an adjustment code that you are searching for that does not suit your needs. You can always add to your Coded Values table. To access this Coded Values Table, please follow the steps below.
Add Adjustment Codes
- The table opens to the first table of Adjustment Reasons.
|Note: You may optionally go through additional Code Tables and modify them to meet your office's needs. Please Note: If the Allows Edits column is not checked off, a user may not Modify that specific table.|
- Click on the Green Plus sign to add a new adjustment reason.
- The Description line is a free form line. You may type in any new adjustment code for your office. Click on the green check mark to save changes.
- If you would like to edit an adjustment, highlight line item you want to edit and click on the Pencil icon to begin edits. Click on to save changes.
- If you would like to re-order the list of adjustment codes, please see the column Sort. Here you may re-number your adjustment codes to the order in which they are going to appear in the dropdown list.
- When you make an adjustment to a patient's account, the adjustment codes are now customized to the look that fits the office's needs.