Path: Clinical, Practice Management, or Billing tab > Patient Chart button > Encounters or Well Visits > Select and Open Note > Addenda tab
After a Note has been finalized, an addendum can be added and viewed under the Addenda tab of the finalized Note.
Add an Addenda
- Navigate to and open the finalized note.
- Click the Addenda tab.
- Click the New Addendum button.
- Enter the Addenda information:
- Visibility: Default is Any staff member. To change, use the drop-down to select the appropriate Visibility level from the list.
- Status: (Optional) Click the drop-down and select from the list.
- Requested by: (Optional) If a patient or parent wishes to add additional information to their Visit or challenge documentation in a Visit Note, you can enter this information in an addendum and distinguish it as a patient/parent annotation by entering 'Patient or Parent' in the Requested by field.
- Note: Type the reason for the Addenda.
- Order Worksheet button: (Optional) Click the button to add missing orders.
- Click the Save button.
Note: The Edit button on the Addenda tab is used to edit the following fields of a saved Addenda: Status, Requested by, and Requested date. Once an Addenda is saved the Note and Visibility cannot be edited. If there was an error in the documentation, a new Addenda must be added.
View an Addendum
- Navigate to and open the finalized note. Notes that include an Addendum have an Addenda count in parentheses.
- Click the Addenda tab. All Addenda to that Note are displayed in the lower section of the window.
Note: The Addenda will print at the bottom of a Note when the Print Note button is selected. If printing a letter, follow the steps below.