Utilities > Manage Clinical Features > AAP/Local Content Library
|Note: The AAP Content Library has been pre-loaded with web links pertinent for the Pediatric Office. If you use additional web links, handouts, or resources, you can add them to your Content Library.|
Handouts and resources that are created by your Practice (and not on a public website), would need to be saved to an online common drive like Google Drive or Dropbox. Once your documents are on an online common drive, obtain a shareable link and proceed with the steps below.
The AAP/Local Content Library is organized into six different sections - BF (Bright Futures), CPG (Clinical Practice Guidelines), OTH (Other), PCO (Pediatric Care Online), PEO (Patient Education Online), and RBO (Red Book Online).
Adding Web Links
Once in the AAP/Local Content Library, you can add additional web links that you want to have accessible in Office Practicum.
- Click on the Add Article button at the bottom of the AAP/Local Content Library window. The Content Library Editor window appears.
- Fill out the following information:
- Title: This is how you will search for this article.
- Description: The description will be visible only in this window. This should summarize the information available at the link for other staff members to view.
- Source: The source for articles that you add will most likely be OTH (Other) unless the link is from one of the other sources listed (BF (Bright Futures), CPG (Clinical Practice Guidelines), PCO (Pediatric Care Online), PEO (Patient Education Online), and RBO (Red Book Online)).
- URL: This will be the web link of the page. For your locally-created documents, this would be the link you share on an online common drive like Google Drive or Dropbox.
- From your internet browser, highlight the link.
- Right-click on the highlighted link and click Copy.
- In Office Practicum, put your cursor in the URL section, right-click and then click Paste.
- Audience: Select Patient from this menu so that you can order this while in a visit.
- The option for Provider is not recommended, as you will only be able to access these handouts via the AAP/Local Content Library.
- Language: Choose the language of this handout from the list provided. This is for your reference only.
- Tag(s): Enter key words here that are similar to the handout. When you are in Office Practicum, you can then right-click on any of the tag words and have a quick link to access this handout.
Example: If the handout was for Asthma, your tags might show as: Asthma, Wheezing, Shortness of Breath.
- DX Code(s): Type in diagnosis codes that are similar to this handout. In any areas of Office Practicum where ICD Codes are visible, you can right-click on the code to have a quick link to access this handout.
- For the Asthma handout example, your DX Codes might show as: 493%.
- Placing a % after a diagnosis code will allow all codes that start with the number before the % to be included. (493% = 493, 493.0, 493.00, 493.01, ect.).
- Ranking: Your ranking number will be how frequently you intend to use this article. You can have the same ranking number used for multiple handouts.
- Favorite: Check this box to indicate that this is a favorite article of yours. This will make the article appear highest on a list of articles when you access handouts by right clicking on a tag or DX Code.
- Click OK to save your article.