Scenario: A school form is showing different names for hearing (stereopsis) and vision (VAT 20/32) screens which the practice has added to its 'In House' test list. The school form only recognizes the screens when they are called "Vision and Hearing".
To add a new test:
- On the top menu bar click Utilities > Manage Clinical Features > Diagnostic Test Setup.
- Click on the School Form Test Mappings tab.
- Click the Activate button in the upper left corner.
- If you wish to add a vision screen, highlight Vision screen in the left column.
- In the right column, scroll down and select the diagnostic test you wish to add to the camp form under the Vision Screen heading. In this scenario, you would highlight VAT 20/32 in the right column.
- Add the test to the assigned category. In this case, we used Vision Tests, by clicking the Add Highlighted Test to List button on top of the right column. Now the VAT 20/32 test will show up in the middle column . We did the same with the Stereopsis test under the Hearing Category.
- When you choose the hearing screen or vision screen in the left column, you will see the tests we added to these categories in the middle column with their LOINC code and the Test Name.
- The test is now added to the School Form.
- Click Exit to close.
|Note: It is important to make sure that you get all of the possible LOINC coded tests into the School Form list. If you find multiple tests in the right column, add them all using the Add Highlighted Test to List button. It is okay to have tests that you may not actually use. Also confirm that all diagnostic tests have an appropriately associated LOINC code: use the Utility to Update LOINC Codes in the Diagnostic Test Result Table by selecting the Utilities | System Admin | Synchronize LOINC Codes | menu option.|