|Note: Only users with System_Admin permissions are able to modify passwords for other users. |
Utilities > Manage Practice > Staff/Provider Directory
In OP, passwords cannot be "reset". The following steps should be followed to create new passwords for users who may have forgotten their password or need a new password.
|Click here to review OP recommendations for creating and maintaining Strong Passwords. |
Assigning User Passwords
- Click the Security Access button.
- From the list of users located on the left, select the user who needs a password.
- Double-click the username to open the Edit User screen.
- Enter the password in the Password and Verify Password fields.
|Passwords are case-sensitive and can be any combination of characters (alpha, numeric, etc.) unless otherwise specified in System Preferences.|
- Select the Enabled checkbox to grant the user access to your system.
|Warning: Failure to check the Enabled checkbox will result in the specified user not being able to log into OP.|
- Click the OK button.
|You can perform the same procedure to change an existing password. Simply clear or type over the old password and verify.|