Activities > Maintain Vaccine Inventory
Add a New Vaccine Lot
- Click the New button . The Vaccine Inventory Item Detail window displays.
New vaccine: Vaccine Inventory Item Detail window
- Click the drop-down arrow in the Inventory name field and select.
- Click the drop-down arrow in the Vaccine name field and select.
- Enter the NDC ID.
|The NDC ID must be 11 digits with no punctuation. The format of an NDC is as follows: 5-4-2. If there are less digits in a group, precede the group by a zero.|
- (Optional) GTIN is the global trade identification number used to identify vaccines world-wide. If your practice is utilizing Vaccine Barcoding; you will notice this number populated.
- Click the drop-down arrow in the Manufacturer field and select.
- Enter the lot number.
- Enter the expiration date or click the drop-down arrow and select from the calendar.
- Select a radio button to distinguish between VFC and private stock vaccines.
- Click the drop-down arrow in the VFC eligibility usage and select.
- Select VFC Only for VFC insurance vaccines only.
- Select Not VFC for private insurance vaccines only.
- Select All Pats to allow for VFC and private insurance.
- Click the drop-down arrow in the Practice locations and select the location of the inventory.
- (Optional) Enter the cost per dose.
- Enter the total number of doses or click the drop-down arrow to enter using the number pad.
- Doses used: This field will remain at 0 until you begin to document the vaccines within a patient's chart.
- Last updated: This field is automatically time stamped with the date/time on the workstation being used to update the vaccine inventory.
- Notes: Enter any information pertaining to the vaccines' shipment or usage upon receipt. If you would like to enter a company or "brand" name of the vaccine, type it in here.
- Borrowed status (+): This lets you know if the vaccine entry was created from the VFC inventory or the Non-VFC inventory and also triggers reminders that you owe VFC or Non-VFC lots.
- Payback status: Once you have returned the borrowed doses to VFC or Non-VFC inventories, mark the lot as Item was Paid Back and it will remove it from your borrowed lots list.
- Date started using: Default setting will be current date. To change this click the and use the calender to select another date.
- Availability: There are 3 choices for the availability of the new lot added into Office Practicum.
- Active- Lot is active and available to use for vaccine documentation.
- Inactive- Allows a lot to be entered into the inventory but not available until your practice is ready to start administering the lot to patients.
- Retired- All used lots, expired lots, usable or lots that were entered incorrectly should be retired so they are not in the active lot view.
- click the Save button.