Utilities > Manage Clinical Features > AAP/Local Content Library
|Note: The AAP Content Library has been pre-loaded with web links pertinent for the Pediatric Office. If you use additional web links, you can add them to your Content Library.|
The AAP/Local Content Library is organized into six different sections - BF (Bright Futures), CPG (Clinical Practice Guidelines), OTH (Other), PCO (Pediatric Care Online), PEO (Patient Education Online), and RBO (Red Book Online).
Adding Web Links
Once in the AAP/Local Content Library you can add in additional web links that you want to have accessible in Office Practicum.
- Click on the Add Article button at the bottom of this window.
- In the screen that appears, fill out the following information:
- Title: This is how you will search for this article.
- Description: The description will be visible only in this window. This should summarize the information available at the link for other staff members to view.
- Source: The source for articles that you add will most likely by OTH (Other) unless the link is from one of the other sources listed here.
- URL: This will be the web link of the page.
- From your internet browser, highlight the link.
- Right-click on the highlighted link and click Copy.
- In Office Practicum, put your cursor in the URL section, right-click and then click Paste.
- Audience: Select Patient from this menu so that you can order this while in a visit.
- The option for Provider is not recommended, as you will only be able to access these handouts via the AAP/Local Content Library.
- Language: Choose the language of this handout from the list provided. This is for your reference only.
- Tag(s): Type in words here that are similar to this handout. When you are in Office Practicum, you can then right-click on any of the tag words and have a quick link to access this handout.
- If the handout was for Asthma, your tags might show as: Asthma, Wheezing, Shortness of Breath.
- DX Code(s): Type in diagnosis codes that are similar to this handout. In any areas of Office Practicum where ICD Codes are visible, you can right-click on the code to have a quick link to access this handout.
- For the Asthma handout example, your DX Codes might show as: 493%.
- Placing a % after a diagnosis code will allow all codes that start with the number before the % to be included. (493% = 493, 493.0, 493.00, 493.01, ect.).
- Ranking: Your ranking number will be how frequently you intend to use this article. You can have the same ranking number used for multiple handouts.
- Favorite: Check this box to indicate that this is a favorite article of your. This will make the article appear highest on a list of articles when you access handouts by right clicking on a tag or DX Code.
- Click OK to save your article.