This section will introduce the users to the section of a note used to document or review allergies and reactions. The user will be guided through the fields to easily review and document additional information.
- Click the Allergy/Rxn tab.
- To mark the allergy list as reviewed, click the Review button.
Select the No Med Allergies button. The Confirm dialog box displays.
- Click the OK button to set the No active medication allergies or reactions indicator.
- To add Non-Medication or Medication allergies click the Add icon .
- Click the dropdown arrow in the Subsection and select the allergy type.
- MEDICATION ALLERGY
- NON-MEDICATION ALLERGY
- VACCINE REACTIONS
- RX ADVERSE REACTIONS
- Select the status and onset date in the Problem list section.
- If the allergy is related to a medication, enter part or all of the medication in the Medication field and click the ellipse button. The Medication Finder window displays.
- Highlight the medication from the Matching Favorites tab or the Master List tab.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the ellipse button to the right of the Allergy group field.
- The ePrescriber Allergy Data window displays.
- Enter a description in the Allergy Code/Description field.
Use the alphabet tabs located at the bottom of the window.
- Click to highlight the allergy group.
- Click the Select button.
Diagnosis code is already mapped to the Allergy Groups. You may add a SNOMED code through the Problem. To add a SNOMED code through Problem:
- Type the allergy.
- Press the Enter key. The Diagnosis/Problem window display will open.
- Select the proper code.
4. Click on the Save button to save the new allergy.