When there are unallocated credits to be applied to a patient charge, the end user should:
- Open the Patient Account.
- Search for the desired patient in the Patient Search field.
- Select the appropriate patient.
- Click on the Credits tab to view the outstanding credits on that individual's account.
- Click on Payments tab to allocate the unapplied monies to outstanding balances.
- Click on the +Payment button.
- Ensure you are on the Patient tab of the Add Payments/Adjustments window.
- Select the Payment Method to be Patient Credit (PC).
- Enter in the credit amount that you wish to apply for now in the Payment column and to which Date of Service that you wish to allocate the credit.
- Click the Save + Close button when complete.
- Close all active windows.