Utilities > Manage Practice > Appointment Preferences
The information on the page will instruct you on how to create Visit Types used to schedule appointments.
Add Appointment Types
- Click the button on the menu toolbar.
- Select Manage Practice.
- Select Appointment Preferences.
- Click the Appointment Types tab.
- Click the Insert Record button.
- Add appointment types using the table definitions below.
|Visit Type||The name of the "type" of appointment being made|
|Description||A more detailed description of the "type" of appointment being made|
|Duration||The length of time for the appointment|
|Sort #||What order the appointment types will appear in on a dropdown list|
|Appt Line Color||The color selected will appear on the left hand side of the appointment box|
|Department||What department this type of appointment falls under|
|Purpose||Further categorizes the appointment type (optional)|
|Archive||Entries no longer in use can be archived|
- Click the Post Edit button .
- Once all changes are made, click the Exit button .
Edit Appointment Types
- Select the Appointment Types tab.
- Click to highlight the item to modify.
- Click the Edit Record button.
- Edit any field (Visit Type, Description, Duration, Sort #, Appt. Line Color, Department, etc).
- Click on the Post Edit button.
- Once all changes are made, click the Exit button.