Path: Billing Tab > Billing Center button
When the Bill Pay feature is enabled, patient balances are sent to the OP Patient Portal and Instamed on a daily basis. Using the Bill Pay feature, payments made on the OP Patient Portal will automatically be brought into OP. For Practices that currently use both the OP Patient Portal (InteliChart) and Instamed Merchant Services, Bill Pay allows parents/patients to make payments to their outstanding patient balances directly from within the Patient Portal.
View Payments Made on the OP Patient Portal
Payments made on the OP Patient Portal are displayed in the Credits tab of the Billing Center in OP (Billing tab > Billing Center button > Credits tab) and in the Credits section of the patient's chart (Clinical, Practice Management, or Billing tab > Patient Chart button > Credits). In both places, the portal payments are identified with a Deposit Source of Balance via Patient Portal.
Apply Patient Portal Credits to Patient Balances
All credits made towards balances on the OP Patient Portal will need to be manually applied to the patient/family. Refer to the Credits tab of the Billing Center as a guide to apply payments made on the portal.
- Navigate to the Patient Chart for the patient who has a credit you will apply.
- Click Payments.
- Click the New Payment button. The Add Payments and Adjustments window is displayed.
- Click the Patient tab.
- From the Pay Method drop-down, select PC Patient Credit.
- In the Payment field, enter the amount of the credit you are applying.
- Click the Save + Close button.