Cancel Request is used to notify the pharmacy that a previously sent prescription should be canceled and not filled. The Cancel Response is sent from the pharmacy in response to the cancel request.
User Permission: You need to be assigned the permission, Prescriptions_ERx_Cancel, to use the Cancel prescription feature and view the Cancelled tab in the eRx Center.
Cancel an Electronic Prescription
- Navigate to the Patient Chart and search for a patient: Clinical, Practice Management or Billing tab > Patient Chart button.
- Click Medications.
- Click the checkbox on the medication line you will cancel.
- Click the e-Cancel button. The eRx Summary window is displayed.
- Click the Send e-Cancel button. The Transaction Status and Status fields are updated to PENDING CANCEL.
Pharmacy responses can be viewed:
- From the Medications section of the Patient Chart
- From the Cancelled/Denied Cancel tab of the ePrescribing Center