There are several different workflows that practices may choose to adopt to meet their practice need when handling cancelled appointments. In this article, you will find OP's Best Practice. Best Practice is recommended to ensure the following:
- A record of the original scheduled appointment is maintained
- The associated appointment reason and provider information are maintained for future reporting
Mark the Appointment Cancelled
- From the Schedule > Calendar View, click to select the appointment.
- Right-click the appointment.
- Select the visit status of Cancelled.
Move the Appointment to the End of the Day
- Click to select the cancelled appointment.
- Click the red box located at the top of the appointment.
- Hold the mouse button down and drag the appointment down to the bottom of the column. The time slot will become available for scheduling.