Path: Smart Toolbar > Account
At times, there will be instances when a claim goes out the door to the wrong insurance, and needs to be resent to the most accurate and up to date insurance for a patient. Please follow the following steps to change insurance on a claim that has been daysheeted.
Changing Insurance (Daysheeted Claims)
- Open the Patient Account on the Smart Tool Bar.
- Click on Insurance tab.
- Inactivate any invalid insurance and Insert a New Insurance Record for the most up to date insurance for a patient.
- Once you update to the newest insurance click on the Claims tab.
- Then select the Change Payer button.
- The Change Insurance on Individual Transactions window will open.
Follow the Steps #a-#c.
- Choose transaction(s) to resubmit to a different insurance carrier by holding down your CTRL key on your keyboard and select transactions with your mouse to highlight.
- Choose new Primary Insurance carrier for selected transactions.
- Choose new Secondary Insurance carrier for selected transactions (optional), if no other insurance Check the box for Omit.
- Then select to the right, Requeue to Primary if sending back out the door electronically, if Dropping to CMS-1500 form, click Apply Only.
- Click on the Red X to close the Change Insurance on Individual Transactions window.
Click for the next section: Processing an Insurance Retraction or TakeBack or Recoupment.