Path: Main Navigation Panel > e-Prescribe > Refill/Change Requests tab
Prescriber Authorization change requests are sent by a pharmacy to request prescriber authorization information, such as confirming the DEA number or enrollment with the prescription benefit plan. Validate or Deny are the only responses for this type of change request. For instruction on enabling Change Requests in OP, click here.
Change Request: All Prescriber Authorization
- Navigate to the Refill/Change Request tab in the ePrescribing Center by following the path above.
- Double-click on the medication request for Prescriber Authorization, or click the medication and click the Accept/Deny button.
- Review and click OK in the warning box, if displayed, to acknowledge the patient's medication allergies.
- Review the medication information requiring authorization in the As Dispensed Change Request panel, Prescriber Authorization section of the eRx Change Summary window.
- (Optional) If the practice has the Prescription Fill Status active, click the drop-down and select from the list. The Prescription Fill Status does not need to be selected for all prescriptions and should only be selected if you want to know the status of the prescription.
- Complete the request by following the steps in one of the sections below to validate the prescriber information or deny the request.
Change Request: Validate Prescriber Authorization
- Click the Validate button.
- Complete the requested information in the Prescriber Authorization window.
- Click the Validate button. The Prescriber Authorization request is removed from the Refill/Change Requests tab.
Change Request: Deny a Prescriber Authorization
- Click the drop-down in the Denial reason field and select from the list.
- Click the Deny button. The Prescriber Authorization request is removed from the Refill/Change Request tab and placed in the Refills/Changes Denied tab.