Path: Main Navigation Panel > e-Prescribe > Refill/Change Requests tab
Prior Authorization change requests are sent by a pharmacy when a Prior Authorization Number is needed to fill a prescription. To learn how to enable Change Requests in OP, click here.
Change Request: All Prior Authorization
- Navigate to the Refill/Change Request tab in the ePrescribing Center by following the path above.
- Double-click on the medication request for a Prior Authorization, or click the medication and click the Accept/Deny button.
- Review and click the OK button in the warning box, if displayed, to acknowledge the patient's medication allergies.
- Complete the request by following the steps in one of the sections below to accept or deny the request for Prior Authorization.
Change Request: Accept a Prior Authorization
- Enter the Prior Authorization number in the Prior Auth #: field.
- (Optional) If the practice has the Prescription Fill Status active, click the drop-down and select from the list. The Prescription Fill Status does not need to be selected for all prescriptions and should only be selected if you want to know the status of the prescription.
- Click the Accept button.
Change Request: Deny a Prior Authorization
- Click the drop-down in the Denial reason field and select from the list.
- Click the Deny button. The Prior Authorization request is moved to the Refills/Changes Denied tab.