Importance of the Daysheet Process
It is strongly recommended to process a daysheet for your practice on a daily basis. Processing a daysheet is important because:
- It protects the integrity of every practice's financial data from human error and deliberate adjustment.
|Example: Charge and payment transactions that are not included on a daysheet (archived) may be voided with no record. The ability to view voided transactions only occurs once the transactions have been included on a daysheet.|
- Many reports only access data which has been included in a daysheet.
- Electronic Remittance Advice can only be posted for archived claims.
|Larger practices may choose to process more than one Daysheet daily, considering their high volume of payments and charges. When processing a Daysheet mid-day, be sure that users do not enter new payments or claims while payments are being reconciled or a Daysheet is being processed. Once the Daysheet is complete, users can continue to enter new transactions.|
Running a Daysheet
When you run (or process) a Daysheet, you convert current patient transactions (claims and payments) to archived patient transactions. Prior to running the Daysheet, it is recommended to reconcile all monies received for the day and send all unsent claims to the Transmit Queue. To run the daysheet:
- Click Billing buttonto open the e-Billing center.
- Click on the Claims + A/R tab .
- Click the Daysheet buttonin the smart toolbar.
- Review the current transaction parameters that will be included on the Daysheet.
- All dates of service: check this box to daysheet all dates of service. If you only want to run a daysheet for a specific date, uncheck the box and enter the date in the 'Only on/before' field.
|Note: If unchecked, a daysheet will be processed for the date entered and any date prior to that. Skipping of dates is not possible. For example, if you uncheck the box and enter a date of '11/5/2018', a daysheet will be processed for all transactions dated 11/5/2018 and prior. You cannot choose to skip 11/4/2018 or any other previous date.|
- All authorized locations: check this box to daysheet transactions for all locations. If you only want to run a daysheet for a specific location, uncheck the box and select the location from the 'Only location' dropdown.
- Entered by all staff: check this box to daysheet transactions entered by all staff members. If you only want to run a daysheet for specific staff members, uncheck the box and select the staff member whose transactions you would like to daysheet.
|Note: Only one staff member may be selected from this dropdown. If more than one staff member's transactions should be daysheeted, each daysheet will need to be run individually.|
- All providers: check this box to daysheet transactions for all providers. If you only want to run a daysheet for specific providers, uncheck the box and select the the provider whose transactions you would like to daysheet.
|Note: Only one provider may be selected from this dropdown. If more than one provider's transactions should be daysheeted, each daysheet will need to be run individually.|
- After setting your daysheet parameters, click on Daysheet.
- Click Yes when prompted Have you updated the transmittal queue?
|Note: A Daysheet report will print to screen. You have the option of printing the report or simply viewing and closing it. While some practices opt to print the Daysheet, it is not required. A copy of each DaySheet is automatically stored in your Administrative Documents and can be retrieved at any time in the future, if necessary. To view these click on Activities > Administrative Documents > under Transaction type select DAYSHEET > enter in a date range > click on Search.|