Utilities > Manage Clinical Features > Encounter Template Editor
Use the Copy From Template Feature to create a new template:
- Click the Create a new template button .
- Add the template properties using the table definitions below .
Encounter Template Editor: Template Properties
|Template||Name given to a template. Should be named for ease of searching.|
|Category||Method of organizing like templates. All templates added in this section will be located in the Symptom category.|
|Author||Assignment of a template to a specific user. Templates assigned an author may only be edited by that user.|
|Appt Type||Selection of a default appointment type. Not a requirement to save the template.|
|Visibility||Ability to restrict who can view the selected template. All symptom templates will have a visibility of Any staff member.|
|Location||Assignment can be made to view templates by location.|
|Finalize Status||Selection set to who may finalize. Most templates will be set to Providers only.|
- Click the Encounter Note tab if not already selected.
- Click the drop-down arrow and select a template to copy.
Encounter Template Editor: Copy From Template List
- Once you have copied from another template, you can then make changes, add Orders and/or Procedures as needed for the new template you created using the Copy feature.
Note: You can use the Copy feature on the Encounter Note tab, Detailed ROS tab, Detailed Exam tab. The feature is not available for the Orders/Workflow or Procedures tabs.