Utilities > Manage Practice > Schedule Templates
Follow these quick and easy steps to create a schedule template that can be applied to a week, month, or year.
|If your providers do not have a default weekly schedule but rather their schedule changes weekly, you will benefit from using the slot feature from the Calendar. See Creating Schedule Slots.|
Creating a New Template
- Select a provider using the drop down box. For multi-location practice make sure the correct location is selected in the Location box.
- Click on Search or Insert Record to start a new template.
- If this is the first template you're creating for a provider, you will receive the following pop-up. Click OK to start a new template.
- In the Description box, you may want to give the template a name.
- The Sort number will determine the order of the templates. The Sort number also determines how the templates will overlap. For example, sort 1 will always assume first position.
- Set the Start and End times. These settings will carry over from the Schedule Properties see Set-up the Office Calendar Properties for additional information.
- Set the Appointment Time Increments (5, 10, 15 etc.)
- On the right under the calendar, use the Appointment Zone dropdown to select an appointment zone (e.g. sick visit, well exam, nurse visit). If you do not see an Appointment Zone that fits your need, click on the Manage Template Zones button to take a shortcut to Utilities > Manage Practice > Appointment Preferences > Template Zones. Also, see Template Zones.
- Find the beginning time for that appointment zone.
- Double-click on the start time slot, then hover over the slot's bottom red box until you see black move arrows. Expand the slot to the end time by dragging.
- Repeat the above steps for all of the days and times to complete the template.
|Shortcuts: After clicking on a zone to select it, you can:|
- Right click on an appointment zone to see the list of choices to change the zone.
- Right click to delete a slot or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Del.
- Right click to copy a slot or use the key board shortcut Ctrl+C.
- Right click at the top of the column and use Copy Column then Paste Column on the day you'd like to copy to if a provider has the same schedule for different days of the week.
- Clear a template for a day by right clicking in that day and choosing Clear Column.
Set the "Applied through" date
- Check off the specific weeks for this template.
- Use the Quick Pick button to select Check All Weeks, Uncheck All Weeks, Every Other Starting with WK1, or Every Other Starting with WK2.
- In the upper right hand corner, using the drop down select the Applied through date.
|Typically the Applied through date coincides with how far in the future your schedule is open to. If you continue using schedule templates, you will need to return to the Schedule Template Editor and extend the Applied through date.|
- Click on the Create Slots button button to begin the process.
- Click Yes to apply the template to the desired timeframe.
- The Applied through date will now be completed for that location.
- Return to the Schedule and Practice Workflow form by clicking on the Schedule button to view the templates.
Setting the Reapply as of date
- Select the Reapply as of date. Think of this as the start date or in other words, when you want these changes to show on the calendar. The Applied through is now the "end date".
- Click on the Reapply button , carefully read the pop up warning, and click Yes to proceed.
- Repeat this process for all providers and all locations if needed.