Add an Addenda
After a note has been finalized, an addenda can be created and viewed under the Addenda tab. To create a new addendum:
- Open the finalized note.
- Click on the Addenda tab, then click New Addendum button at the top of the addenda grid.
- You can select the visibility level of the addendum by clicking on the down arrow next to the Visibility field.
- Click on the Order Worksheet button to add any missing orders if necessary.
- Enter your note in the text field, and click the Save button when finished.
- Addenda to encounter notes are auto-finalized upon saving and cannot be canceled or corrected. Another note can be added if there is a need to correct a prior one.
- To view an addenda to a particular note at a later time, open the note and click on the Addenda tab. All addenda to that note will be displayed, along with the User ID of the staff member or provider who added the note, the date, time, privacy level, and any comments.
- To rebuild and print a note with an Addena, click on the Alternate Notes tab. Click Rebuild Summary to populate the note. Click on the Save button to save this note that includes the addenda at the bottom.
Entering a Patient-Requested Annotation
If a patient wishes to add additional information to or challenge an encounter note, you can enter this information in an addendum and distinguish it as a patient annotation. To do so, type in "Patient is source of note content" in the Requested by field. Challenges to other aspects of the medical record can be accommodated through scanned documents that are categorized as such. (Meets specific CCHIT requirement(s)).