Bulk statements batches are created from the Statements tab of the Billing Center. When bulk statements are created, the settings set in Global Preferences are applied.
- Select Billing Center from the Billing tab.
- Click on the Statements tab.There may be statements already in the Statement Queue. They will remain under this tab until you delete or send/print them, so you can let them accumulate for the whole day, or even until the end of the week, before printing everything all at once. Statements may exist here already if:
- While posting payments, you selected the patient action, Create Statement.
- Or, while in a patient account, you selected to Queue a Statement.
- Ensure the Unsent only checkbox is selected.
Note: The Unsent only checkbox needs to be selected in order to create batch billing statements. If you have this box unchecked, you will see the history of all the statements that were previously transmitted.
Batch Billing Statements
- Click on the Bulk Stmts button in the Statement Queue. The Batch Billing Statement window opens.
- Identify your statement parameters.
- Select your Transaction Date range:
- All dates
- Date Range
- Balances to include:
- Insurance and Patient Balance
- Patient Responsibility Only.
- Select from the following Account / Claim Options:
- Include Accounts on Hold?: patients whose Statement Method are set to Hold (don't send) in the patient insurance record.
- Exclude Uncollectable Claims?: if a claim is set to a FU-Finalized Uncollectable status in the Claims(AR) window or patient chart, those claims will be excluded from generating a statement.
- Exclude Older than: Exclude claims older than a specified date.
- Exclude if all sent >: Exclude claims that have been included on a statement more than a specified number of time.
- Last name of guarantor: Select the Last name of the guarantor group that would receive the batch statements. This field appears based on the groups established in your Statement System Preferences.
- Select from the following Patient Options:
- Medical home: The system defaults to All, allowing you to print statements for patient balances regardless of the Medical home listed in the chart. Deselecting All and selecting a location for the dropdown generates statements for the specified location ONLY.
- Insurance carrier: The system defaults to ALL, allowing you to print statements for patient balances regardless of the insurance payer listed in the chart. Deselecting All and selecting an individual payer from the dropdown generates statements for the specified payer ONLY.
- Minimum family balance: Select the minimum family balance dollar amount. This is the lowest value of a family statement that will print. For example, if you do not want to print statements for families who have balances due of less than 10 dollars, set this field to 10.
- Days since last printed: This determines which families will receive a statement. For example, if you do not want to send a statement to a family who has gotten one in the past 30 days, enter 30.
Tip: If you want to send statements to all families, regardless of when their last statement was sent, enter -1 in this field.
- Custom Messages: Enter a custom message to appear on your statements to add onto your dunning message or replace your dunning message.
Tip: After all statement parameters have been addressed, you may want to click the Save Preferences button and confirm the saving of the preferences in the Batch Billing Statements window. The saving of your preferences will lock in your selections so that they are defaulted the next time you launch the Batch Billing Statements window.
- Click the Begin Batch button to to begin to generate statements for patients with balances based on criteria set. A popup window will display the statements that match the criteria you previously identified. Click Yes to continue.
- The system will generate batch statements for all patients matching the criteria identified above. Once the process is complete, the dialog box closes and returns the user to the Statement Queue window.
Note: If the intention is to create "batches" of statements meeting different criteria and using different custom messages, you can repeat the steps listed above to set new parameters to identify another range/batch of patient statements.
Back in the Statement Queue, the user will see all statements generated to be printed or sent via electronic statement file.
- If mailing statements from your office, select the Stmts button and select Yes to print statements.
- If sending an electronic statement file to the clearinghouse, click the Create Files button and select Yes to create a file for transmission to the mailing house.
- A progress window will appear, and when complete, will prompt you to send the file.