When an office is ready to send patient statements in bulk batches, they will use the Statement Queue in the Billing Center.
- Click on the Billing button on the Smart toolbar.
- Click on the Statement Queue tab.
- There may be statements already in the Statement Queue. They will remain under this tab until you delete or send/print them, so you can let them accumulate for the whole day, or even until the end of the week, before printing everything all at once. Statements may exist here already if:
- While posting payments, you selected the patient action, Create Statement.
- Or, while in a patient account, you selected to Queue a Statement.
- Ensure the Unsent only checkbox is selected.
|The Unsent only checkbox needs to be selected in order to create batch billing statements. If you have this box unchecked , you will see the history of all the statements that were previously transmitted. For more information on viewing statements previously sent from the queue, click here. |
Begin Batch Billing
- Click on Bulk Statements button in the Statement Queue. This this will add to the queue a statement for all patients who have not paid past due bills. This makes it easy for the biller to track everyone who needs a statement.
- The Batch Billing Statement window opens.
- Identify your statement parameters.
- Select your transaction date range. You can choose from the following:
- All dates
- Date Range
- Balances to include, Insurance and Patient Balance or Patient Balance Only.
- (Optional) Select if the user wishes to minimize the printing of excess, un-needed statements by checking off one of all of the Account Claim Options:
- Include Accounts on Hold? - accounts that are set to Hold (don't send) via the patient insurance tab, next to the selected financial guarantor
- Exclude Accounts that are Uncollectable? - if a claim is set to a FU-Finalized Uncollectable status from the Claims+AR window or patient account, those claims will be excluded from being generated
- Exclude Claims Older than a specified date
- Exclude if all sent > more than 3 times
- Select the Last name of the guarantor group that would receive the batch statements. This field only appears if you have selected more than one group in your Statement System Preferences.
- The system will default the Medical Home to ALL, allowing you to print statements for patient balances, regardless of the Medical home listed on their Register. You can de-select all and select an Medical Home; the batch will include statements for the specified location ONLY.
- The system will default the carrier parameter to ALL, allowing you to print statements for patient balances, regardless of the insurance payer listed on their account. You can de-select all and select an individual payer; the batch will include statements for the specified payer ONLY.
- Select the minimum family balance dollar amount. This is the lowest value of a family statement that will print. For example, if you do not want to print statements for families who have balances due of less than 10 dollars, set this field to 10.
- Select the days since last printed. This determines which families will receive a statement. For example, if you do not want to send a statement to a family who has gotten one in the past 30 days, enter 30.
|Note: If you want to send statements to all families, regardless of when their last statement was sent, enter -1 in this field.|
- (Optional) Enter a custom message to appear on your statements to add onto your dunning message or replace your dunning message.
|Note: Batch statements are created by the Guarantor Last Name. For more information about batch grouping, see Patient Statements Setup.|
- Click on the Begin Batch button to generate patients with balances based on criteria set.
- A popup window will display the statements that match the criteria you previously identified. Click Yes to continue.
- The system will generate batch statements for all patients matching the criteria identified above. Once the process is complete, the dialog box will close, & you will be taken back to the Statement Queue window.
|Note: If the intention is to create "batches" of statements meeting different criteria and using different custom messages, you can repeat the steps listed above to set new parameters to identify another range/batch of patient statements.|
- Back in the statement queue, the user will see all statements generated to be printed or sent via electronic statement file.
- If mailing statements from your office, select the Print Statements button and select Yes to print statements.
- If sending an electronic statement file to the clearinghouse, click and select Yes to create a file for transmission to the mailing house.
- A progress window will appear, and when complete, will prompt you to send the file.