When an office is ready to send patient statements in bulk batches, they will use the Statement Queue in the Billing Center.
- Click on the Billing button on the Smart tool bar.
- Click on Statement Queue.
- Initially, the Patient Statements tab may display all patient statements that are ready to be sent. For example, if you are in the Pending Adjudications tab, or posting EOB's manually, and set the next patient action to Create Statement, a patient statement record will be added to this tab. Or if you are in the patient account you can Queue a statement to the Statement Queue to be sent. Statements remain under this tab until you delete or send/print them, so you can let them accumulate for the whole day, or even until the end of the week, before printing everything all at once.
|Unsent box would need to be check-marked in order to do batch billing statements. If you have this box unchecked , you will only see the history of all your statements that were previously submitted.|
Begin Batch Billing
- Click on Bulk Statements button in the Statement Queue, this will add to the queue a statement for all patients who have not paid past due bills. This makes it easy for the biller to track everyone who needs a statement.
- The Batch Billing Statement window will open.
- Identify your statement parameters.
- Select your transaction date range. You can choose from the following
- All dates
- Date Range
- Balances to include, Insurance and Patient Balance or Patient Balance Only.
- (Optional) Select if user wishes to minimize the printing of excess, un-needed statements by checking off one of all of the Account Claim Options :
- Exclude Accounts on Hold - accounts that are set on hold via the patient insurance tab, next to the selected financial guarantor
- Exclude Accounts that are Uncollectable - if a claim is set to a FU-Finalized Uncollectable status from the Claims+AR window or patient account, those claims will be excluded from being generated
- Exclude Claims Older than a specified date
- Exclude if all sent > more than 3 times
- The system will default the Medical Home to ALL, allowing you to print statements for patient balances, regardless of the Medical home listed on their Register. You can de-select all and select an Medical Home; the batch will include statements for the specified location ONLY.
- The system will default the carrier parameter to ALL, allowing you to print statements for patient balances, regardless of the insurance payer listed on their account. You can de-select all and select an individual payer; the batch will include statements for the specified payer ONLY.
- Select the minimum patient balance dollar amount. This is the lowest value of a patient statement that will print (e.g., if you do not want to print statements for patients who have balances due of less than 10 dollars, set this field to 10).
- Select the minimum statement interval. This determines how often a patient will receive a statement (e.g., if you do not want to print statements for patients who received statements in the last 25 days, set this field to 25).
- (Optional) Enter a custom message to appear on your statements to add onto your dunning message or replace your dunning message.
- Click on the Begin Batch button to generate patients with balances based on criteria set
- A pop-up window will display the statements that match the criteria you previously identified. Click Yes to continue.
- The system will generate batch statements for all patients matching the criteria identified above. Once the process is complete, the dialog box will close, & you will be taken back to the Statement Queue window.
|Note: If the intention is to create "batches" of statements meeting different criteria and using different custom messages, you can repeat the steps listed above to set new parameters to identify another range/batch of patient statements.|
- Back in the statement queue, the user will see all statements generated to be printed or send on an electronic statement file.