To enter answers in the Integer or numeric format:
- Follow Steps 1 - 6 in Creating a new survey.
- Select Integer from the drop-down menu at the top of the Answer properties window. A set of check boxes will appear.
- Check the first box to set a range for the answers, if desired. Use the up/down arrow buttons to select the lowermost and uppermost number.
- Check the Answer value = score box if the answer value should be considered the score for the question. For example, the answer to the question, "On a scale of 1 to 5, how bad is your asthma?", might be counted towards the score, whereas the answer to the question, "What is your age?" would be exempt from scoring.
- Check the Allow manual typing box if you'd like to allow survey respondents to enter a number, rather than selecting a number from a drop-down box.
- If desired, you can enter a default value using the last check box and corresponding field.
- When finished, click the OK button on the right side of the form.