The List question type is used to create questions in a 'multiple choice' format. To enter answers for List questions:
- Follow Steps 1-6 in Creating a new survey.
- Select List from the drop-down menu at the top of the Answer properties window. A large text field will appear in the window.
- Click the Add button below the text field.
- In the pop-up window, enter the text of the answer in the Answer Text field. To assign a score to the question, enter a number in the Score field.
- Repeat for each answer in the list.
- To edit any of the answers in the list, click to highlight the answer, then click the Edit button.
- To allow survey respondents to check off multiple answers, rather than choose one answer from the list, click to check the box labeled Multiple choices.
|For lists that allow the respondent to check more than one answer, the associated scores for ALL selected items are summed to compute the total score.|
- If you entered scores for the questions, click to check the box labeled 'List has scores.
- To allow survey respondents to write in an answer to the question, click to check the box labeled Enable custom answer.
- When finished entering the set of answers, click the OK button on the right side of the form.