Path: Clinical or Billing tab > Diagnosis Codes
The cross-mapping of diagnoses allows users to map a single diagnosis to multiple methodologies. For example, matching ICD-10 codes to lateral SNOMED coding. SNOMED mapping can be completed in the Diagnostic Code Editor window, in Visit Templates, and in the Assessment section of a visit note.
Cross-Mapping Diagnosis Codes
- Navigate to the Diagnosis Code Management window by following the path above.
- Search for the diagnosis code to map:
- Enter the search criteria (Code or Description).
- Select the correct Result Set radio button.
- Click the Search button.
- Select the code to map.
- Click the Edit button. The Diagnostic Code Editor window is displayed.
- Click the Cross Mappings tab.
- Complete the mapping:
- Click in the Mapped Code Set field.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the appropriate code set for which you will map to.
- Click the SNOMED Search button. A list of the matching mapped code fitting the description are displayed.
- Select the appropriate code or click the Full Search button to search for further results.
- Click the Save button to retain your changes.
Utilities > Manage Codes > Diagnosis Codes
Cross Mapping Diagnosis allows users to map a single diagnosis to multiple methodologies (Example:Matching ICD10 to lateral SNOMED coding).
Cross Mapping Diagnosis Codes
- Open the Diagnosis Code Management Window. Begin by searching for the code. Enter the search criteria (Code or Description). Be sure to select the correct Result Set based on criteria.
- To confirm this is the correct Diagnosis Code, consult your most up to date coding book.
- When you have located the code and are ready to add the Cross Mapping, click on the Edit button.
Diagnosis Code Management
- Click on the tab Cross Mappings.
- Click the down arrow underneath the column titled Mapped Code Set. Choose the appropriate code type and the Description/Synonym will auto populate.
- Click on the Identify button.
- This will return a list of the matching Mapped Code set options that fit the description. Click on the one you want.
- Click Save to retain your changes.
Diagnosis Code Editor