Utilities > Manage Practice > Staff/Provider Directory
User accounts can be deactivated in the Security Settings table. Deactivation allows you to keep a user in the system, but make them inactive (unable to log in). To add or edit user accounts, please see Adding staff into Staff Directory.
- Locate the user you would like to deactivate and highlight their name on the left column where staff names are listed.
- Click the Edit button at the top of the screen, then uncheck the Active checkbox.
- Click on the Security Settings button .
- Locate the User tab.
- Double click on the user's log in name and uncheck the Enabled checkbox.
Security Settings: Edit User
- Proceed to the Membership tab. Remove the user from all applicable groups by highlighting the username and using the red arrow indicated below.
- Click OK to close this window and the Exit button to close the Staff/Provider directory.
|Note: If 'strong password validation' settings are enabled, a user's account will be automatically disabled (deactivated) if the user tries to log in more than the specified number of times with an incorrect password. To re-enable a user's account in this case, open the Edit User window and click to re-check the Enable box.|