In this section, you will learn the how to document diagnostic test results for a patient.
Document In House Diagnostic Tests
- Navigate to the Tracking tab of the Schedule and Practice Workflow window.
- Locate the patient whose diagnostic test task must be completed.
- Click the checklist icon located in the Tasks column for that patient.
- Double-click on the words 'In House Diag Tests:'. This will open the Diagnostic Test Requisition Form.
- Confirm that you will be performing all of the tests that appear with a check in the checklist column. If multiple tests are selected, but you are not completing all of them, deselect the test(s) you are not completing.
- Click Save after you have completed your order. This will open the Diag Tests window with the Requisition highlighted and the Orders/Results in the window below.
- Select a result from the dropdown menu or manually enter a result in the Result field.
|Note: Values that will generate an Abnormal flag may be edited in the Diagnostic Test Setup. Click here to learn about Diagnostic Test Setup.|
- Click the Post Edit button to save. This will change the requisition status to Received.
- Close the Patient Chart by clicking the Close button (the X in the upper-right hand corner of the window). You will return to the Tracking window.
|NOTE: When the provider opens the Diagnostic Tests tab of the Patient Chart to review the results, the Abnormal results are 'floated' to the top for ease of view.|