In this section, you will learn how to document a Send-Out Diagnostic Test for a patient. These tests can be saved, printed, or sent to the OP Patient Portal if the patient has an active portal account. Send-Out Diagnostic Tests can only be sent to the portal by practice staff who have an associated user account on the InteliChart Practice Portal.
Complete Diagnostic Test Requisition Form
- Navigate to the Diagnostic Test Requisition Form:
- From the patient chart: Window Navigation Panel > Diagnostic Tests > New Send-Out button
- From the visit note: Window Navigation Panel > Diag Tests > New Send-Out button
- From an existing task: Double-click Send-Out lab task
- Confirm or enter the following information in the left-side panel of the window:
- Ordered by
- Flag date
- Specimen collection: If in-house is selected, the blood-draw and specimen handling sections of the window are enabled.
- Confirm or enter the Diagnosis associated with the test.
- Search for the test and select the checkbox in the checklist column, if not already done. If multiple items are selected, but you are not completing all of them, deselect the test(s) you are not completing.
Save, Print, or Send to the Portal
Save the Requisition Form
After completing the Diagnostic Test Requisition form details, click the Save button to save the lab requisition. The Requisition Status is set to Pending.
Print the Requisition Form
- After completing the Diagnostic Test Requisition form details, select the Print checkbox, and click the Save button. The Requisition Status is set to Pending.
- Complete the Medical Record Disclosure Tracking, and click OK.
Send the Requisition Form to the Portal
- After completing the Diagnostic Test Requisition form details, select the Print checkbox.
- Select the Share to portal checkbox.
- If needed, edit the Portal Exp Date. Or, leave the default date set.
- Click the Save button.
- In the Print Preview window, click the Print button, or proceed to step 6 if the Print window is displayed.
- Select the Print to File checkbox and ensure PDF File is selected in the Type drop-down.
- Click OK.
- If a printed copy is not needed, close the print window.
- Complete the Medical Record Disclosure window, and click OK. The Requisition Status is set to Pending, and the requisition is sent as a PDF to the patient's portal account where it is available until the date selected. After the specified date, if the portal user attempts to view the document, they will receive a message informing them to contact the practice.
In this section, you will learn the how to document and send out diagnostic test results for a patient.
Document Send Out Diagnostic Tests
- To open the Schedule and Practice Workflow window, in the Smart Toolbar, click the Sched button
- Click the Tracking tab
- Locate the Patient whose diagnostic test task must be completed
- In the Tasks column for the patient, click the Checklist icon
- Double-click on the Lab Facility Name.
The Diagnostic Test Requisition Form is displayed.
- Confirm and/or enter the following information into the left panel:
- Flag date
- Specimen collection: if collection was done in-house, you will have to option of selecting a blood draw and specimen handling CPT codes.
- Confirm the Diagnosis associated with the Test
- Confirm that you are performing all of the Tests that are displayed with checkmark in the checklist column. If multiple items are selected, but you are not completing all of them, deselect the Test(s) you are not completing.
- Click the Save button to save your Lab Requisition. The Requisition is now Pending.
Note: To save the requisition to the patient portal, or to print the requisition, select the applicable checkbox at the bottom of the Diagnostic Test Requisition Form prior to clicking the Save button.