|OPWebUpdate must be downloaded to the server, since the upgrade will be done on the server.|
To download and install OPWebUpdate:
- Log in to the server as Administrator.
- Go to https://www.opmed.net/login.aspx.
- Click the Client Login tab in the left hand column.
- Enter your web Username and Password (the office manager and/or practice provider should know this).
- Select Upgrade Programs from the Categories drop-down list.
- Find the latest version of OPWebUpdate, click on the Download button, and save the file to your desktop.
- Locate the downloaded opWebUpdate_program.exe program on your desktop and double-click on it to Run. The Web Update program will open up.
- Click on Change and check to make sure that all information is correct.
- The URL and download link will be included in your update informational email. Click on the folder to select the correct gdb_common folder (on the server this will likely be the C: or D: drive). Finally make sure that the path to the database is correct (127.0.0.1 is for localhost only on the server. If installing the updater on a workstation, please point to the IP address and folder of the server). Once the changes are made, click on Test to test connectivity to database and then click OK to return to main update page. You should now see that an update is available. You are now ready to perform the upgrade.
|Note: For future updates and upgrades, you'll need only to double-click on this desktop icon to see if an update or upgrade is available, then run the update/upgrade from this location.|
Security of Installation Files
For your security, all versions of OPWebUpdate, and all programs available for download and installation from Connexin Software, have been scanned and proven to be free of viruses, spyware and any other malevolent software that could harm your computer. Connexin keeps all directories of installation files protected using Symantec Anti-Virus (corporate edition). For more information on the security of files available for download and use in conjunction with Office Practicum, please contact our Customer Support team at (800) 218-9916.