Utilities > Manage Clinical Features > Encounter Template Editor
You will have an understanding of the content of a typical nurse visit template. You will be instructed on methods of customization to ensure the templates reflect the workflow of the practice.
- Click the Utilities button on the menu toolbar.
- Select Manage Clinical Features.
- Select Encounter Template Editor. The template list displays.
- Click the plus to expand System:Nursing Visits.
Encounter Template Editor: Nursing Visits Templates
- Select a template and click the Edit button .
- Review the template properties.
Encounter Template Editor: Template Properties
|Template||Name given to a template. Should be named for ease of searching.|
|Category||Method of organizing like templates. All templates edited in this section will be located in the Nurse Visits category.|
|Author||Assignment of a template to a specific user. Templates assigned an author may only be edited by that user.|
|Appt Type||Selection of a default appointment type. Not a requirement to save the template.|
|Visibility||Ability to restrict who can view the selected template. All symptom templates will have a visibility of Any staff member.|
|Location||Assignment can be made to view templates by location.|
|Finalize Status||Selection set to who may finalize. Most templates will be set to Providers only but if the nurse staff may finalize their notes the status would be set to Any Clinician.|
- Click the tab if not already selected.
- Review the CC field.
- Click into the CC field and edit or enter new text OR click the Phrase Construction button and insert phrases.
- Review the HPI field.
- Click into the HPI field and edit or enter new text OR click the Phrase Construction button and insert phrases.
- Click the Detailed ROS tab.
- Set the ROS Questions/Symptoms.
Encounter Template Editor: ROS
|Pert||Relevant symptom/question to display when template is opened.|
|Reports||Positive for the symptom/question.|
|Denies||Denies the symptom/question.|
|N/A||Not applicable for the template. Removes from the group list.|
- Click the Orders/Workflow tab .
|This tab is optional. Only go to this tab if you need orders placed when the Nursing Visits template is used.|
- Click the Procedures tab.
|This tab is optional. Only go to this tab if you need procedure billing complete when the Nursing Visits template is used.|
- Click Save Changes to template button.