Utilities > Manage Clinical Features > Encounter Template Editor
You will have an understanding of the content of a typical symptoms template. You will be instructed on methods of customization to ensure the symptom templates reflect the workflow of the practice.
- Click Utilities in the main menu.
- Select Manage Clinical Features.
- Select Encounter Template Editor. The template list displays.
- Click the plus to expand System:Symptom group.
- Select a template and click the Edit button.
- Review the template properties using the table definitions below.
|Template||Name given to a template. Should be named for ease of searching, as this is most often the reason for visit when scheduling an appointment.|
|Category||Method of organizing like templates. All templates edited in this section will be located in the Symptom category.|
|Author||Assignment of a template to a specific user. Templates assigned an author may only be edited by that user.|
|Appt Type||Selection of a default appointment type. Not a requirement to save the template.|
|Visibility||Ability to restrict who can view the selected template. All symptom templates will have a visibility of Any staff member.|
|Location||Assignment can be made to view templates by location. If there are multiple locations leave this field blank to allow availability to all locations.|
|Finalize Status||Selection set to who may finalize. Most templates will be set to Providers only.|
- Click the Encounter Note tab if not already selected.
- Review the CC field. Click into the text field to add or edit text or use the Phrase Construction buttonto insert phrases.
- Review the HPI field. Click into the text field to add or edit text or use the Phrase Construction button to insert phrases.
- Click the Detailed ROS tab. Set the ROS Questions/Symptoms.
|Pert||Relevant symptom/question to display when template is opened.|
|Reports||Positive for the symptom/question|
|Denies||Denies the symptom/question|
|N/A||Not applicable for the template. Removes from the group list.|
|Note: Select the checkbox Show all groups to see other Review of System groups.|
|Optional tabs, Orders/Workflow and Procedures. Click here to navigate to additional information on completing these tabs.|
- Click the Save changes to template button.