Utilities > Manage Clinical Features > Encounter Template Editor
You will have an understanding of the content of a typical symptoms template. You will be instructed on methods of customization to ensure the symptom templates reflect the workflow of the practice.
- Click the button on the menu toolbar.
- Select Manage Clinical Features.
- Select Encounter Template Editor. The template list displays.
- Click the plus to expand System:Symptom group.
Encounter Template Editor: Symptom Templates Expanded
- Select a template and click the Edit button.
- Review the template properties.
Encounter Template Editor: Template Properties
|Template||Name given to a template. Should be named for ease of searching, as this is most often the reason for visit when scheduling an appointment.|
|Category||Method of organizing like templates. All templates edited in this section will be located in the Symptom category.|
|Author||Assignment of a template to a specific user. Templates assigned an author may only be edited by that user.|
|Appt Type||Selection of a default appointment type. Not a requirement to save the template.|
|Visibility||Ability to restrict who can view the selected template. All symptom templates will have a visibility of Any staff member.|
|Location||Assignment can be made to view templates by location. If there are multiple locations leave this field blank to allow availability to all locations.|
|Finalize Status||Selection set to who may finalize. Most templates will be set to Providers only.|
- Click the tab if not already selected.
- Review the CC field
- Click into the CC field and edit or enter new text OR click the Phrase Construction buttonand insert phrases.
- Review the HPI field
- Click into the HPI field and edit or enter new text OR Click the Phrase Construction button and insert phrases.
- Click the Detailed ROS tab. Set the ROS Questions/Symptoms.
Encounter Template Editor: ROS
|Pert||Relevant symptom/question to display when template is opened.|
|Reports||Positive for the symptom/question|
|Denies||Denies the symptom/question|
|N/A||Not applicable for the template. Removes from the group list.|
|Note: To see other Review of Systems groups, select the checkbox Show all groups.|
- Narrative Exam and Detailed Exam.
|These tabs are skipped for Symptom templates. They are used for Diagnosis Templates.|
- Click the Orders/Workflow tab.
|This tab is optional. Only go to this tab if you need orders placed when the Symptom template is used.|
- Click the Procedures tab.
|This tab is optional. Only go to this tab if you need procedure billing complete when the Symptom template is used.|
- Click the Save changes to template button.