This article is intended to instruct you on how to edit an archived claim.
Editing an Archived Claim
- Click on the Patient Account button.
- Search for your patient that needs to have a claim corrected.
- Click on the Claims tab .
- On the screen that appears, highlight on the claim you need to edit.
- Click on the plus sign to the left of this claim to see CPT procedure code(s) and any associated payment details.
- Click on the line that needs to be edited and click on the Edit button.
- The Edit Archived Claim Transactions screen will open.
- Click on the Edit button to begin your edits to the appropriate line item.
- Once edits are complete, click on the Green Check Mark to Save.
|NOTE: Changes to charges that are saved will cause a void in OP on the claim line that is being corrected.|
- Click Yes to save changes, or click No if you wish to not save.
- Click Yes to send the claim back to the payer if sending electronically. Click no if dropping to a CMS-1500 form, and go to Statements to print a CMS-1500 form.
|Note: If the insurance on the claim needs to be updated to a new payer, Please see: Changing Insurance on a Daysheeted Claim.|