The Practice may wish to use an electronic vaccine consent form to capture vaccine administration dates and a parent signature. The information below will demonstrate how to capture and save that information.
Add a Consent Form
Typically the consent form is signed during the administration of vaccines. The steps below will use this workflow.
- From the Tracking window, click the Task button
- Double-click the vaccine task, the Immunization Order Management window displays.
- Click the Consent Form button.
- Click to highlight the Immunization Consent Form, click the Use Selected Document button.
- Complete the fields for the consent form.
- Add the patient name by clicking the Add text annotation button. Click in the PT.NAME and drag and drop the text box.
- The options window displays, click the patient name.
- Add the patient date of birth by moving your cursor to the DOB, click and drag and drop a text box.
- The options window displays, click the patient date of birth.
- Click away from the DOB to save the entry.
- Drag and drop a text box to add the DATE GIVEN and VIS GIVEN fields for the vaccine.
- Click into the Signature field and select the Sign button.
- Have the parent sign the document using their finger or stylus.
- Click the Apply button.
- Complete steps F-I for all additional vaccines.
- Click the OK button to save and complete the administration of vaccines.
|Note: If the patient had a Vaccine Consent form previously saved when clicking the Consent Form button, the saved form will display with all prior entries.|