The Document Management enhancements in OP 14.8 include an overhaul to the functionality in OP 14 that allows Providers to create and attach a signature to documents.
After importing a signature graphic using the Manage Documents window, these improvements make it simpler to link signatures to the Address Book and to attach signature graphics to documents.
With these enhancements, the View Linked Signature button in the Staff/Provider tab of the Edit Address Book window has been replaced with the Add Signature Graphic button.
Add a Signature to the Address Book
- Scan or import a saved a signature.
- Save to Item Type: Office Administration.
- In the Notes field enter a description indicating it is a signature.
- Save the item.
- Go to the Address Book.
- Search for a Provider.
- Click the Edit button.
- Click the Staff/Provider tab. Note the Add Signature Graphic button.
- Click on the Add Signature Graphic button. Clicking the Add Signature Graphic button opens the Search for Documents window. This window allows the end user to search for all imported Signature Graphic files by selecting Office Administration as the Item Type and clicking Search.
- Click the Item Type dropdown arrow and select: Office Administration.
- Click the Search button. OP 14 displays a list of search results.
The results field displays any imported Signature Graphic images and displays a thumbnail of the file in the Thumbnail panel of the Search for Documents window. The end user then selects the file and clicks the Use Selected Document button.
- Select a signature.
- Click on the Use Selected Document button. OP 14 returns the end user to the Staff/Provider tab of the Edit Address Book window with the selected Signature Graphic image linked to the Provider selected in the Address Book.
With these changes, after a Signature Graphic image is linked to the Address Book, when the end user edits the Address Book of a selected Provider, OP 14 displays the thumbnail of the linked Signature Graphic instead of the Add Signature Graphic button.
- Click the Save button.
Remove or Replace a Linked Signature Graphic
- Click on the thumbnail of the graphic. OP 14 displays the Linked Address Book and Image Items window.
- Click the Remove Link button. OP 14 displays the confirmation message, “Are you sure you want to remove the link between this image and the address book item?”
- Click OK to remove the link.