The steps below will guide you on how to enter charges for hospital visits.
Enter Hospital Charges
- Click on the Account button to open the Patient Account.
- If needed, use the Search box to look up the patient.
- Click on the Charges tab.
- Click the Claim button.
- Select the Rendering Provider.
Note: When there is more than one Physician rendering hospital services for a single patient. A claim has to be entered for each Rendering Physician. No more than one Physician can be selected on a claim.
- In the location section, complete the following fields:
- POS: The Place of Service must be changed from 11 (Office) to 21 (Inpatient Hospital).
- Facility ID: The hospital where the service was rendered.
- Hospital dates: The dates in which the patient was in the hospital.
- All other steps are the same as when manually entering claims (see Manually Enter a Claim).
|Note: When entering CPT codes for multiple dates, the service date needs to be edited on the specific CPT line. To do so, click in the Service Date field and then click the dropdown arrow to utilize the fly-out calendar to select the correct date for each CPT code.|
- Once all charges have been entered click the Save or Save + Queue button in the bottom right hand corner of the Add/Edit Charges screen.