The steps below will guide you on how to post charges for hospital visits.
Enter Hospital Charges
- Click on the Account button to open the Patient Account.
- If needed, use the Search box to look up the patient.
- Click on the Charges tab.
- Click the Claim button.
|When billing inpatient and/or outpatient hospital visits, the following fields must be populated as appropriate.|
- POS: The Place of Service must be changed from 11 (Office) to 21 (Inpatient Hospital).
- Facility ID: The hospital where the service was rendered.
- Hospital dates related to service: The dates of service when the provider saw the patient.
Please note when there is more than one Physician rendering hospital services for a single patient. A claim has to be entered for each Rendering Physician. No more than one Physician can be selected on a claim.
- When entering multiple CPTs for multiple dates, the start date and end date need to be edited on the specific CPT line in the lower-right corner of the Add/Edit Charges window.
- All other steps are the same as posting charges (manually see Post a Charge Manually).
- Click the Save button to exit.