Path: Smart Toolbar > Account button
To create claim notes for billing purposes, a user can accomplish this task in:
- The Patient Account
- The Post Bulk Payment window
- The Claims+AR tab in the Billing Center
Claim notes created in the Patient Account will appear in the Claims+AR tab, and same way when claims notes are created in the Claims+AR tab, the notes will appear in the Patient Account.
Create a Claim Note from the Patient Account
- Click the Patient Account button on the Smart Toolbar.
Smart Toolbar: Account
- Search for the Patient the user wishes to create a claim note .
- Click the Claims tab .
- Double-click on the claim number for the Date of Service in which you desire to leave a specific note to the particular date of service in which the user is working on.
- The Claim Details window will open. This will give you a free form field to put an editable note on your claim, once you add your note.
- Click OK to save and close.
- You now have a claim note on your patient's date of service. You can double-click on the date of service again to either edit the note, or completely remove the claim note.
Create a Claim Note from Post Bulk Payments
- Click Post Bulk Payment located under Activities in the main toolbar.
- As you post your check, you cn utilize the Claim note field to make notations on the respective claim number listed below it.
- You can apply a Stamp to this note using the button on the smart toolbar and clicking paste after the note.
Create a Claim Note from Claims+AR Tab in the Billing Center
- Click the Billing button on the Smart Toolbar.
Smart Toolbar: Billing
- Click on the Claims+AR tab.
- Locate a claim that you wish to leave a claim note.
- The last column on the Claims+AR tab, the user will be able to input a Claim Note in the free form text field.
- Optional: User may use the Blue Stamp on the smart tool bar to Time/Date stamp who wrote the note and when.
- Click on the Blue Stamp .
- Left Click in Claim Note Field once.
- Right Click and select Paste to Time/Date stamp who wrote the note and when.
- Click out of the field to another line item to Save note.