Below are the steps to documenting an indicator for vaccine:
(In the example below, we are documenting that the patient had chicken pox and therefore does not require "Varicella" vaccine)
- Open Patient's Chart (F8 or Chart icon).
Smart Toolbar: Chart
- Click on the "Immunization" tab/section.
- Click on the "Indicators" Tab.
Patient Chart: Immunization Tab
Setting Vaccine Indicators
- Click .
- Choose the Vaccine group.
- Select Date indicated.
- Set the Status Indicator as applicable.
- In the below example, we are selecting the option-- "DD - documented disease" to document that the patient has had chickenpox.
- Add any notes as applicable.
- Click to save.
Immunization Tab: Indicators Tab
Additional Documentation (such as Notating that the Patient has never been Vaccinated)
- Click on the 'notes' tab
- Select the applicable option.
(In this example, we are going to select the "Never Vaccinated" option.)
|Note: When the patient's chart is accessed in the future, the words never vaccinated will be displayed in the 'Immunization Tracking Summary' field, in the 'Overview' section.|
Immunization Tab: Notes Tab