|The following Specifications and Recommendations made by Office Practicum are based solely on what has worked for our clients.|
We are in no way endorsing the use of one product over another. Please consult with your IT Professional to make sure your devices meet our minimum requirements.
|Windows 10 is supported on OP versions 14.6 and up.|
At this time no integrated fax interface is built into Office Practicum. While no interface exists there are several third party applications and services which can map most fax services as a printer allowing a user to "print to fax" in order to send outgoing faxes. Incoming faxes are typically handled by way of a shared network drive, whereby incoming faxes are stored in a centrally shared folder and users of OP are then able to import the fax into Office Practicum. Please contact your IT Professional to set-up your Computer-Based Fax system.
Provided are links to Microsoft's website on how to enable and configure the Windows Server 2008 fax server service. This embedded service allows the server to receive incoming faxes and store them in a central folder store. Additionally the Fax Server role allows the mapping of a fax printer driver on all network attached computers, this fax printer will enable a user of the computer to print to fax and OP report / document.
- Overview of Fax Server and Fax Service Manager
- Checklist: Install, Configure, and Get Started With a Fax Server
- Fax Server Role
- How do I install Microsoft Fax services on Windows Server 2008?
After Having a Computer-based Fax Function Set Up Correctly on your Computer
- Locate the item you would like to fax, i.e., a prescription, report, letter or other document.
- Click the Print button.
- If your printer settings are set to Preview, a Print Preview screen will open. Click the printer icon in the toolbar at the top of this screen.
- When the print window opens, select your fax option(Photo Quality) instead of your default printer.
- Click OK. A fax window will open.
- Enter the name and fax number of the recipient.
- Click the Send button. Depending on your faxing program/service, this may open a cover page (which will be a blank page) where you can enter comments, if desired.
- Once you have completed your message on the cover page, click Send again.
- A WinFax window will open, displaying the progress of the fax.
Downloading Fax Documents into OP 14
To download fax documents:
- Click the Input box in the OP smart buttons.
- At the top left of the Input Scanned Items window, click on the Input > Import.
- The OPEN - Select a file window will come up.
- In Look in: select the drive where the folder is that stores the downloaded faxes.
- Select the folder where they are stored in by double clicking that folder.
- Choose the file you want to import to the Sketch Folder and double click it.
- This should put that file in the File name: box.
- In the Files of type: box, use the drop down box to select TIF files.
- Click the open button and the fax will be moved to your Sketch Folder.
- You can then scan it into the Patient Chart.