Fulfilling Pharmacy Refill Requests from DrFirst
OP changed its ePrescribing method from DrFirst to our proprietary ePrescribing system on January 12, 2016. If prescribers had received Pharmacy Refill Requests prior to January 12, 2016 and had not processed those requests before the switchover to the OP proprietary ePrescribing system, those prescribers are unable to process those requests and they remain in the queue.
To address this situation, OP enhanced the software by adding the Remove Refill button to the eRx window. If a prescriber has one or more unfulfilled Pharmacy Refill Requests from DrFirst, clicking the Remove Refill button removes from the queue all Pharmacy Refill Requests with date prior to 1/12/2016 in the Date field.
|The Remove Refills feature permanently removes all unfulfilled refill requests from the queue. It is critical that no user remove unfulfilled Pharmacy Refill Requests using the Remove Refills feature until all providers have collaborated in taking action for these unfulfilled requests.|
Before removing unfulfilled refill requests from the queue, determine which unfulfilled refill requests in the queue need to be approved and which need to be denied.
Approving Refill Requests
For each refill request in the queue that you want to approve:
- Create a new medication and save it to the Medication List. Do not send this prescription.
- Call the prescription in to the pharmacy.
- In the Medication List, change the status of the prescription to Called In.
Denying Refill Requests
For each refill request that you want to deny:
- Call the pharmacy to deny the request.
- Follow the instructions below to remove the request from the queue. Do not attempt to remove individual refill requests from the queue manually.
Removing Unfulfilled Pharmacy Refill Requests from DrFirst
Note: As a reminder, the Remove Refills feature removes all unfulfilled refill requests with a date prior to 1/12/2016 or earlier permanently from the queue.
If there are any refill requests that were not completed prior to 1/12/2016, OP 14 displays the Remove Refills button in the eRx center. This feature allows you to remove all old refill requests from the eRx center permanently, so follow the procedures above for approving or denying refill requests before proceeding.
After 1/12/2016, all requests are part of Surescripts and can be processed through the normal steps to accept or deny pharmacy refill requests.
To remove unfulfilled refill requests from DrFirst from the queue:
- Access the eRx center by clicking on the eRx icon on the toolbar. If there are unfulfilled Pharmacy Refill Requests in the queue, OP 14 displays the Remove Refills button ().
- Click the Remove Refills button. OP 14 displays a warning message stating that you are about to remove refill requests received prior to 1/12/2016 from the queue, that these refill requests are not accessible after they are removed, indicates the number of refill requests that will be removed, and asks whether you want to continue.
- Click Yes to remove all unfulfilled Pharmacy Refill Requests received prior to 1/12/2016. OP 14 removes all unfulfilled Pharmacy Refill Requests received prior to 1/12/2016 permanently from the Refill/Change Requests tab.
- Click No to cancel removing the unfulfilled Pharmacy Refill Requests from the Refill/Change Requests tab. OP 14 leaves the Pharmacy Refill Requests in the queue.