When printing patient records, you are required to complete the Medical Record Disclosure Tracking window to indicate which records were printed/released, who received them, and who processed the release.
By default, Office Practicum enters the recipient of the records as "In house: file copy". If you find that it's more likely that you are giving the records to a parent, for example, you can change the sort order of the disclosure recipient so that "Given to Parent" appears first in the list. To do this:
- Select Utilities > Manage Codes > Coded Values in the main menu bar.
- In the Code Table Purpose section at the top of the window, scroll down to find Disclosure recipient.
- In the lower section of the window, select the most commonly used recipient for your practice.
- Click the Edit Record button .
- In the Sort column for the recipient, change the number to 1.
- Click the Post Editbutton to save.
- Now, when you print/release records, the default recipient will reflect that of sort 1.