Once a user is created in the Staff/Provider Directory, they can not be deleted, but they can be deactivated. Deactivating a user will remove them from drop-down lists where they may have previously been listed, such as in the To field of a message window. In addition, following the below steps will prohibit the staff member access to OP.
- Navigate to the Staff/Provider Directory by Practice Management > Staff/Providers. The Staff Directory window will open to the Basic Info tab.
- Select a user from the left panel and click the Edit button.
- Deselect the Active checkbox.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the Security Access button and select the user in the Users panel.
- Click the Edit User button.
- Deselect the Enabled checkbox and click OK.
Tip: OP recommends placing the words Do Not Use in the First Name field of the user record.