How to use E-Prescribing (e-Rx) Center
The E-Rx center is now included in the F7 Schedule / Practice Workflow screen. This form provides a 'home base' for all E-Prescribing transactions. The E-Prescribing center is where the practice can track and manage prescriptions.
- From here you can complete all of your E-Rx tasks.
- The E-Rx window will default to the logged in user. You may view Rx's for other providers by selecting them under Scope or changing the Prescriber Name.
- A series of tabs along the top of the form mark the different stages of the prescription during the transmission process.
- Created, Not Printed/Sent tab shows you prescriptions that have not yet been printed or sent electronically. These will most commonly contain prescriptions written on a paper prescription pad.
- You may change the status of a prescription by selecting that prescription, clicking on edit, going to the status tab and updating the Most Recent Action
- Prescriptions that need a Co-signature will sit here and should be co-signed within 24 hours. To co-sign a prescription place a check mark next to the prescription and click on Sign.
- This area will show you prescriptions that have been sent to the pharmacy and are still in the transmission process.
- Delivered will show you a list of prescriptions that have been delivered electronically to the pharmacy.
- These prescriptions did not make it electronically to the Pharmacy. A fax backup may have been sent and will be noted on the prescription if this is the case.
- When prescriptions fail please contact support and let them know so that this can be researched and the reason for failure resolved.
- Refill requests will come into this tab from the pharmacy. It is recommended that these be taken care of within 48 hours. If 48 hours passes you may see another refill request come in for the same patient (this is coming from the pharmacy)
- To approve or deny a refill request you must select the prescription and click on .
- Once you click on Accept/Deny the prescription will open.
- You may Accept the prescription to approve refills.
- To Deny a prescription, first choose the Denial Reason and then click on Deny.
- Denied Refills for the Practice will sit under the Refills Denied tab.