From the Complete tab of a child's Immunization record you have the ability to add vaccine adverse reactions. Once a vaccine has been entered, either by administration by the practice or from historic records, you may edit to include this information.
- Navigate to a patient chart: Clinical, Practice Management, Billing tab > Patient Chart.
- Search for and select a patient chart.
- Click Immunizations and select the Complete List tab.
- Click the vaccine to add an adverse reaction.
- Click the Edit button to open the Edit Vaccine window.
- Complete the Adverse event information.
- Adverse event date: Click the drop-down and select from the calendar or click into the field and enter a date.
- VAERS injury type (optional): Click the drop-down and select from the list.
- Adverse event notes: Type the adverse reaction for the vaccine. If the field is left blank the immunization registry will return an error. The error will need correcting and the information resent.
- Click the Save button.
Documented Adverse Event Display
- Complete List: when a vaccine has an adverse event entered, the vaccine will be highlighted on the Complete List.
- Complete a Task: The below warning window will display when selecting to complete a task for a vaccine that has a documented adverse event. Select Yes to administer the vaccine.