Path: Smart Toolbar > Docs button > New Document
- Click the Docs button on the smart toolbar to open the Document Management window.
- Click the New Document button.
- Click the Import PDF button from the Import dropdown in the Acquisition panel.
- Search for the PDF file you want to import, select it, and click the Open button. The imported file will appear in the thumbnails panel.
- Enter the following information into the document details panel:
- Patient Name or ID: Search: Click the Search button , the Patient Directory will open. Select the patient that will have the PDF attached.
- Item Type: Identify what part of the medical record the document belongs in(ex: chart, insurance, referral letter, etc).
- Item Category: Indicates more specifically as to where PDF this document belongs in the database.
- Created by: Initials of the staff member who scanned in the document.
- Reviewed?: Determines whether the document will appear in the addresses scanned inbox to review at a later date.
- Privacy Level: Limits access to those staff members with the corresponding visibility privileges.
- Status of Original: Indicates the location or status of the original document.
- Click the Save button.
|Note: Only one PDF image may be imported at a time. When importing a PDF you will get a message at the top of the database image panel stating the page limit has been reached.|