Installing Office Practicum
The client workstation install program can be downloaded from www.opmed.net. You will need to login with your practice credentials and then navigate to Categories>Installations and select OP Client Workstation Setup or from the following link: https://www.opmed.net/executable/OPClient14installer.exe.
- Locate the OPClient14installer.exe on your desktop and double-click the icon.
Note: Before you click the Next button, ensure that the gdb_common folder that is on the server is mapped.
- To map the gdb_common folder, right-click Start and select Explore. This opens the File Explorer. From the menu located at the top, select Tools > Map Network Drive. On this screen, select the drive letter for the mapping (we recommend X:). Enter the IP address and gdb_common share in the format \\ipaddress\gdb_common. Click the Connect button. If you are prompted for a username and password, enter the username and password for your server and select the Remember Password checkbox. This will map the drive. If you get an error, you may need to contact your IT person for the correct way to map a network drive within your network. Once the gdb_common folder is mapped, click the Next button.
- Select the location where OP will be installed. The default location is C:\OP.
- Click the Next button.
- During the install of Office Practicum there will be another setup for OCX. Select the Next button.
- Do not edit this, click the Next button.
- Click the Install button.
- Select the Launch OCX Register checkbox.
- Click the Finish button.
- A Firebird security prompt is displayed. Click the Yes button to install.
- Click the Close button.
- Click the Office Practicum icon on the desktop to complete the update and open OP.
- There should be the OP icon, along with a Connexinviewer icon on the desktop. Any user may log in to this workstation and have access to both.
Note: If there are workstations that do not update properly, following the installation, please click here for assistance.