Path: Smart Toolbar > Docs button
This page will instruct you on how to link a scanned referral.
Scan and Label a Referral Letter
- Click the New Document button in the Manage Documents window.
- Scan or import the Referral. The images should appear in the sketch panel.
- Move the Referral Letter from the Sketch Panel to the Thumbnails panel.
- Search for the Patient in the Patient ID or Patient Name field in the document details panel.
- Select Referral Letter in the Item Type dropdown list.
- Click the paper clip icon to the right of Category name, to attach the scanned image to an existing Referral/Transition of Care order in the patients chart. If one doesn't exist, you do have the ability to create one from this screen OR follow step 7 if the order doesn't already exist in OP.
- Select Referral Letter in the Item Category field, or create a new Category for the specialty type (Eg: Cardiology). The system does not automatically enter the Category name.
- Select the name of the person who needs to review the referral in the Addressed to field (if necessary).
- Select the Reviewed checkbox if the ordering Physician already reviewed this scan.
- Select the appropriate Visibility Level in the Privacy Level field.
- Select the appropriate Status of Original Item in the Status of Original field.
- Save the document.