Path: Smart Toolbar > Docs button
This page will instruct you on how to link a scanned item to a referral or transition of care record.
Scan a Document and Attach to a Referral Requisition
- Click the New Document button in the Manage Documents window.
- Scan or import the document. The image(s) will appear in the sketch panel.
- Move the referral letter from the Sketch Panel to the Thumbnails panel.
- Search for the patient from the Patient ID or Patient Name field in the document details panel.
- Select Referral Letter in the Item Type dropdown list.
- Click the paper clip to the right of Item category field, the Choose a Medical Record to Attach to a Consent Record window opens.
- Select the referral to attach the scanned document and click OK.
|Note: If the referral does not exist, click the Add button on the Choose a Medical Record to Attach to a Consent Record window and complete the Referral/Care Transitions Details window. Click here for detail information on writing a referral.|
- (Optional) If the scanned document is confidential, click the dropdown arrow in the Privacy level and select from Privacy Level from the list.
- Click the dropdown arrow and select the name of the person who will review the referral in the Addressed to field.
- Click the dropdown arrow and select the Status of original for the list.
- Save the document by clicking Save.