Linking a Signature to a Provider
Scanning the Signature
- Have the provider write their signature on a clean piece of white paper. For best results, use a black pen and write a large signature.
- Open the Documents window (CTRL + Q).
- Place the signature in the scanner, then press the Scanner icon button.
- Once the signature is scanned, it will appear in the Sketch Folder panel.
- Drag the signature to the Insert Mode panel.
- Crop the image using the Crop icon on the scanning toolbar.
- Click the Crop icon button.
- Click and hold the top left corner of the signature, and drag the mouse to the bottom right corner of the signature.
- Release the mouse button. The signature should be cropped to size.
- On the Tools panel, set Item type to Office Administration.
- Set the Item category to Signature.
- Select Yes in the reviewed section.
- In the Notes section, enter the provider who wrote the signature (ex: Dr. Smith's signature).
- You may leave the Addressee and Status fields empty.
- Save the record with the green checkmark button at the bottom of the window to save. Click the 'No' button on the New Record pop-up.
Linking the Signature to the Provider
- Click the Addressbook button on the smart toolbar.
- Search for the Provider and click on the edit pencil button.
- Click on the Staff/Provider tab, click on the Add Signature Graphic button.
- Search for the Item Type of Office Administration, highlight the signature and click on the Use Selected Document button at the bottom of the screen.
- Close the Linked Address Book window.
- Click the green checkmark button to save.
- Close the Scanned Items window.
- Run a report with a signature to confirm signature was added to the database correctly.
- Reports with signatures include certain prescriptions, school/camp forms, chart reports, and letters.